Why become a member of a local Church? Because:
- It follows the example of Jesus when he went to the temple on the Sabbath;
- It becomes an anchor to your spiritual journey;
- You form relationships with a community of people who grow to care about you;
- You become a part of a spiritual community to support you;
- You work with others to minister to our Stateline area.
How do you pick a church?
- Try “church-shopping”: it’s good to visit churches and see what fits your comfort and needs:
- Identify what you value, i.e., a small more personal congregation or a big production church;
- Understand how you learn, i.e., from a lecture or from a more story-telling sermon format;
- Have coffee with the pastor and discern what you’re looking for.